Wednesday, May 5, 2010

London, I Missed Thee...

I arrived at Heathrow Airport yesterday at 2:30pm London time (subtract 8 hours and you get California time). The flight wasn't too bad although there was one time where there was a lot of turbulence...I didn't handle it too well. Luckily Elo was there to hold my hand and not some stranger like usual.

Strachle and our visiting faculty member John Watson, were there to greet us at the airport. We made our way back to the house and it felt as if I just left. I cannot believe that it has been almost two years since I first arrived at the London Pepperdine House. Elo is my roommate and we are in my old room, room 4. For group dinner we went to Wagamama's, of course. London first dinner tradition. A few of us went to Snog afterwards. The group needed to know where the London Pinkberry is. After that we returned to the house to finish unpacking/get ready for bed. I have really missed the beds here in London. I don't know why but they are the most comfortable beds ever. I didn't have any trouble falling asleep and getting over my jet-lag.

Today we had orientation which lasted 2 1/2 hours in the large classroom. I definitely do not miss all of Strachle's long meetings. After we went on a neighbourhood walk so everyone could familiarize themselves with South Ken. I was suppose to lead a tour with Dee Dee, John's wife but she was not feeling up to it so I led a group on my own. I took seven other people and we walked through Holy Trinity Brompton to get to Brompton Road. I showed them Harrod's, Ryman's (to get school supplies), Boots, and Starbucks. We also made a stop at the South Ken tube station so everyone could get their Oyster cards. Luckily I still had mine so I just had to Top Up...I had a total of 10 pence left on it.

We had lunch at my favorite place Kulu Kulu Sushi.

I love being back in London. I love the people. I love the architecture. I love the transportation system. I love the city in general.

2 comments:

  1. London looks beautiful from your viewpoint. Wish I was there,too! Love and miss you! xoxoxMom

    ReplyDelete