Monday, May 31, 2010

A Day with Shakespeare


Last Thursday I had my final for History 304. Thank goodness that was the last test I will ever have to take for James Hicks (for real this time). So, how did I do on my final you might ask? I wrote about Colonial America and World War II, I think you know how well I did. Putting that behind me, that rest of the day was a great success (not like my GPA....sorry bad joke I know, I just couldn't resist).
A group of us attended a showing of Henry VIII at the Globe Theatre. I had never been to the Globe so it was quite an experience. We decided to pay for the 15£ tickets as opposed to the 5£ standing ticket...sorry but I was not about to stand for 3 hours, not even for William Shakespeare. Even though the play was long, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Henry VIII is the next play on my reading list.

I loved all the costumes.


After the play Jane, Elo and I whipped up an amazing dinner. We had Butternut Squash and Tomato Penne Butter Pasta. Yummy. Below is the recipe for our delicious dinner.

Ingredients
Salt and pepper

3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon chopped garlic

1/4 cup sliced onions

2 cups chopped tomatoes

1 1/2 to 2 pounds peeled, cubed or shredded butternut

1/2 pound cut pasta, like ziti or penne

Freshly chopped parsley or Parmesan for garnish.

Directions

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Put olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, onions and pepper flakes and cook for about a minute; add tomatoes and squash, and cook with some salt and pepper (For squash- cut and drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper. Put in the oven for about 12-125 minutes set at 350 degrees).

2. When squash is tender -- about 10 minutes for shreds, 15 or so for small cubes -- cook pasta until it is tender. Combine sauce and pasta, and serve, garnished with parsley or Parmesan.

1 comment:

  1. yummmmmmmmm

    And was the guy that played Henry VIII in the play as good as Johnathon Rhys Meyers?

    ReplyDelete