First off, let me start by saying that it is dangerous to be a vegetarian and go to markets. All the fresh fruits, veggies and cheeses. They are all so colorful and you just want to buy everything.

Borough Market is located under the London Bridge and it is by far my favorite market. I was greeted by two men handing out samples of Turkish Delights. The only reason why I like Turkish Delight is because the boy Edmund in The Chronicles of Narnia loves them and they always looked so delicious. I then walked around and sampled every gluten-free cookies and brownies. I then decided that it would probably be good to eat some actual real food. At the beginning we passed a place called The Veggie Table so I went back and got the most delicious Heavenly Halloumi Veggie Burger on a wheat bun with fresh arugala. The burger itself is made with halloumi cheese with organic carrots, courgettes, fresh mint and corriander. YUMMY!

I also got London's summer drink, Pimm's.
Recipe for Traditional Pimm's No 1:
Easy - Take a jug or glass and fill it with ice, mix one part Pimm’s No. 1 with 3 parts chilled lemonade, add some mint, cucumber, orange and strawberry.
After walking around and trying every sample, I went to a place called Cranberry. It has dried fruits and nuts covered with milk chocolate, dark chocolate and yogurt. They also have other "sweets" like Turkish Delight and various kinds of candy such as Gummi Bears and Sour Worms. My favorite to munch on would be the Chocolate Cinnamon covered Brazil nut, YUMMY!

Even though it seems like all I did today was eat (which is pretty true), everything was fresh and organic.
We make Turkish Delight thingys in Washington, except we call them Applets and Cotlets.
ReplyDelete