Last night started off rather slow, but the longer we stayed the better it got. One of my biggest pet peeves is when you are running a little late and you get to the tube station and someone has to top up. I don't know why, but there is always SOMEONE who has to top up their Oyster Card. I was getting a little frustrated because I just wanted to get to The Roxy. The girls who were slow then got upset with me because after they topped up I didn't want to wait for them to get drinks to pre-game. It is unnecessary to pre-game for The Roxy. Clearly they do not know that, but still. Besides, they didn't have to leave at the same time I did, they could have done their own thing (oh wait, everyone in this house has to be together all the time). Ok. I am done venting. Sorry readers, I just needed to get that out. We arrived around 10:30pm so that we wouldn't have to pay a cover charge (free stuff is always good). There weren't many people there so we went straight to the bar. Elo and I got a pitcher of Sex on the Beach followed by a pitcher of Long Island Ice Tea...yum.
The same girls that were so slow getting ready, and so slow walking to the tube station also can't hold their liquor (probably wasn't a good idea for them to pre-game). One of the girls was at The Roxy for a total of 15 minutes before she was completely drunk and had to be taken home. No offense, but I was not about to leave my favorite place in SoHo to take this girl home. Once again, sorry for venting.
Around midnight the club got pretty full so we headed over to the dance floor. The DJ played a great set filled with songs by MGMT, The Beatles, The White Stripes, Animal Collective and Empire of the Sun. Those of us who managed to stay the whole time, danced the night away til 3 am.
No comments:
Post a Comment