Today for class we went to the Dockland Museum in Canary Wharf. Canary Wharf is close to Greenwich (so pretty far) and it was modeled after the financial district in Manhattan, New York. I had never been there before so it was new and exciting for me too. The museum is near the old Port of London and is an old brick factory. If you cross the bridge in front of the museum it is as if you enter a different world. The other side of the bridge is filled with skyscrapers and commercial buildings. The museum was interesting and taught a lot about the East India Trade and the Slave Trade going on in England during the time of Colonial America. Hicks was on top of his game with sarcastic comments coming out left and right and some inappropriate jokes.
Once we were done exploring the many malls and our failed attempt to attend a photography exhibit, Elo, Jane, Elizabeth and I went to Abbey Road. We were already taking the Jubilee Line so we figured why not kill two birds with one stone (figuratively speaking of course). We had a tough time taking the picture because of course there were a ton of other tourists (mainly French school children) and a ton of impatient cars driving by. Elo also almost got hit by a car....twice.
We then went back home to relax after a long day of walking. I went out to Thai Square for dinner, so yummy. Some other students from Pepperdine were in town so we met up with them at my favorite pub, Waxy O'Connor's.
what are you writing on???
ReplyDeleteThe wall across the street from Abbey Road. It is in front of Abbey Road records or something.
ReplyDeleteJust fyi I have totally been to that bar with the tree. There was this black girl bar-tending with an unfavorable tooth to gum ratio that served me the wrong drink twice. Other than that the place itself was rad.
ReplyDeletep.s. I really dig the photo. Did you use your diana f+?
Waxy's. That is where I had my first alcoholic drink ever. I love that place. I didn't use my diana....I actually got the photo from google because I didn't have my camera that night.
ReplyDelete