Thursday, May 6, 2010

American Holiday, Cinco de Drinko


Cinco de Mayo or Cinco de Drinko is a holiday that Americans have blown out of proportion. It is another excuse for them to go out and get drunk. Strache gave us her infamous speech about "Knowing Your Limits" so we were excited to go out but knew that we needed to "know our limits" and keep count of our units. According to Strache woman are allowed 2-3 units which is 3 shots of sambucca, or a glass of champagne, or a Cosmo and half pint of beer...the options are endless as we learned in her presentation. There were 20 of us that went out to a place called Tequila Tex Mex off of Notting Hill Gate. The restaurant isn't that big so we had to split up and sit at three different tables. Margarita pitchers were £17 so I suggested that people split them between 4 or 5 people. Some of the people that went out didn't seem like they were having a good time. A couple of the girls don't drink so they just sat there.


My table which was me, Elo, Emily and Katie had a great time. We got two different kinds of margaritas: traditional and mango. Our waiter was so nice and gave us free tequila shots mainly because Elo was speaking to him in Spanish.

I had a lot of fun, can't speak for some of the others though. This summer is going to be a lot different then when I was here before. It is weird not being here with my old friends. Our London house 2008-2009 was a lot of fun and people were always down to go out and have a good time. This group not is a lot more reserved and your typical "Pepperdine Christian" who don't condone drinking and sort of look down about people who do. Maybe I myself am being a bit too judgmental.

1 comment:

  1. Shannon! I am LOVING this blog... it's making me totally homesick for London (and, with my Florence group being very "Pepperdine Christian" immediately after the two fun-loving London groups, I can totally sympathize with this ordeal). It looks like you're having a lovely time though :) I'm glad Hicks hasn't changed, and that the city seems to be in great shape. I'll definitely be checking this frequently.
    Miss you girl!
    Hugs,
    Neville

    ReplyDelete