
I traveled to Richmond to meet Octavia Walters. Octavia Walters is a theatre actor/massage therapist at the Orange Tree Theatre. Her father is Sam Walters, owner of London's only permanent rounds theatre. I was very nervous when I went to go meet Octavia and her dad because they are so well known. They are like local celebrities, only legit local celebrities. Sam was so kind and let me take pictures of Octavia in the theatre, he kept asking me if the lighting was okay and if there was anything he could do. After I got some photographs of Octavia we went to the prop room.
Surrounded by clothing racks, chairs and a skeleton bull head we began our interview. I had prepared about a dozen questions yesterday at work to ask Octavia that relate to the article. The main premise of the article is that actors working in the industry often need second jobs to make ends meet which is what Octavia did (she became a massage therapist). Octavia was so nice and calm which made me at ease during the interview. We exchanged e-mails and I thank her when the hour long interview was over.
After the interview I decided to explore a little. I am so lucky to be working at Sheengate because even though it is a pain to travel outside of London, I get to see so many more places that other people don't. If I don't like in London, Notting Hill or Hampstead then I would definitely live in Richmond. The town is big was seems small and quaint at the same time. There are secret cobblestone roads behind and along the main high street. I discovered the St. Mary Magdalene Church and its centuries old graveyard. I then came upon a Waterstone's so I popped in the book shop, bought a book and headed down to the Richmond Bridge. It was such a nice day so everyone was laying out at Eden Park along the River Thames.
Wow, sweetie! Everything sounds fabulous. We miss you, but are so grateful that you have these opportunities!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom and Dad