Thursday, June 24, 2010

Game. Set. Match.


While at work today I got a message from my friend Dave asking if I wanted to get together this evening. I agreed and he suggested that we go to Wimbledon, if I wanted to go of course. My answer...OMG YES! Going to Wimbledon doesn't seem like that big of a deal to those who live in London because it is so easy to get ticket returns. But for me, it was a big deal. How many people can say that they have been to Wimbledon.

After work I met Dave at the Waterloo Train Station and then we traveled to Earlsfield (I believe that was the name of the stop). We got to Wimbledon around 5:30 and then we went to queue. The queue starts in a field outside the tennis grounds and goes across the golf course. We did not have to wait that long, the line moved pretty quickly. The ticket returns cost 14£ so not too bad. First stop was to get a glass of Pimm's, the summer drink and a Wimbledon must. Dave and I then walked around and watch a few couples tennis matches. I don't follow tennis so I never really knew what was going on, but the experience itself was so much fun and so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment