I must say that Brighton was not what I expected at all. I was expecting a quaint beach town. This however was not what I experienced. The walk to the pebble beach from the train station takes about 15 minutes so on our way Elizabeth and I stopped at Tesco to pick up some things for lunch. We continued walking along the dirty, crowded main street that was marked with the frequent graffiti marks. Of course since the weather has been so nice (though not in my opinion with all the humidity) everyone was at the beach. The stripped lounge chairs were everywhere you turned. Elizabeth and I found an empty space, sat down and had a picnic.
We made our way down to the Brighton Pier passing old boats, beach shacks and a small carnival. In many movies (like The Last Song) beach towns in the south have carnivals along the pier equipped with carousels, game booths and arcades. Brighton was very similar so since I have never been to a beach with a carnival I could not pass up a ride on the carousel. I miss being a little kid.
Even though Brighton did not turn out to be the cute, quaint beach town I expected I still enjoyed my day out under the sun.
After Brighton I then traveled to Luton to visit Annie and Paul. We sat in the backyard, soaking up the sun and catching up. I read the paper while Annie was in the kitchen making a delicious dinner. I had stuff mushrooms filled with couscous, sweet potatoes and corn. For dessert we had fruit with ice cream. I love having a home cooked meal that is made for me, not by me (it was a nice change). Paul's daughter Ann Marie also joined us for dessert. We finished just in time to watch the Argentina vs. Mexico football match.
No comments:
Post a Comment