Today I went to Guildford which is in Surrey to meet with the art editor of the magazine, Carol. She is one of the most intelligent and sweetest person I have ever met. She gave me such good advice on getting myself out there and known to magazines in terms of my writing and photography. I really think that working for a small magazine company is something that I am interested in. That way I can incorporate my love for photography. Carol and I went to two galleries where we just got to talk about the artwork. She reminds me of my past art professor, Rachel Barnes. She just has so much knowledge and really gets excited when talking about art that she makes you excited as well. When we walked through the galleries she asked me which paintings I liked and why and then she would ask my questions such as do you think the frame works well with this painting? I never thought about how much of an added affect that a frame can have. Not having the right frame really can take away attention from the painting itself.
After the galleries we went to meet with a women who works for the Guildford Cathedral, Alexandra Cresswell. She organizes art exhibits to be held within the cathedral which I thought was a very interesting and creative idea. Cathedrals have long, narrow aisles along the side so what the Guildford Cathedral has done is put up bulletin-type-boards on the side walls where painters, photographers, textile artists can show their work.
Today was just an all-around, good day. It got me really excited and now when I get home I really want to start working on my portfolio and try to get my photos noticed.
No comments:
Post a Comment