Monday, January 11, 2010

New Semester, New Start


oday was the first day of the new semester. If I thought last semester was hard I am in for a real treat this semester.
I am taking two Education classes and two English classes. I am looking forward to my EDUC 564S class because I will actually be observing and teaching in a high school classroom at Malibu High (I must complete 50 hours). This is both exciting and intimidating (especially since someone thought I was my brother's twin-meaning I look like a freshman). I have to plan and teach three lesson plans so I am worried that I won't gain the attention and respect from the students since I look like one of them. I guess it is one of the stepping stones to becoming a teacher. On top of it, there is a lot of reading and weekly writing assignments for the class. I have yet to go to my EDUC 570 class (though I am already dreading it since it's once a week from 6-10pm).
My two English classes include Shakespeare and Advanced Composition. Shakespeare. What can I say? We sort of have a love-hate relationship. I am looking forward to reading some works of his that I have yet to read such as Much Ado About Nothing and Taming of the Shrew. For this class there will be four essays...which means about one every other week. Advanced Composition has daily writing assignments as well as weekly essay assignments. Overall, I am going to have NO LIFE!


Positives: All of my teachers seem really nice. I had one professor my freshman year and another professor was the visiting faculty in London last year. This semester will be a challenge but hopefully I can make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment