Last year during my sophomore year at Pepperdine University I chose to study abroad in London, England. This was a huge stepping stone for me. The reason why I chose to attend Pepperdine was because it was close to home...I am a home-body. I didn't want to be far from my family, so deciding to travel across the country was nerve-wracking. My sister didn't think that I could do it, but I proved her wrong.
Living in London for about 8 months was an experience I will never forget. I learned a lot about myself during that time. I learned that I am a home-body but also kind of a loner. I loved going out for walks by myself to Hyde Park and exploring the people and shops of South Kensington. All I needed on my walks was my i-pod (which I never leave the house without). Of course I would choose different songs and artists depending on where or what I was exploring. For example, you can't help but to listen to The Beatles when crossing the crossway at Abbey Road (a bit cliche, I know). When walking the streets of Queen's Gate, Eric Clapton was by my side.
While in London I discovered my fascination with the English culture and history. I hope that after graduating from Pepperdine I can move to London and get a Master's in British History. Who knew, I would want to learn about history? I used to hate Social Studies and History classes growing up.
No comments:
Post a Comment