I spent the 4th of July weekend up in Lake Arrowhead with my family. It was so nice relaxing by the dock, enjoying the sun. We spent time reading, playing games like Rummy and watching movies. Nothing beats a relaxing weekend with your family. On Sunday Liz, my dad and I walked down to the dock with a thermos full of hot chocolate and a radio to watch the fireworks over the lake. I love the 4th of July because of the fireworks. I wish fireworks could go off every day.

Today, Ally came over and helped me finish my room. I had to hang my new antique mirror that I got at a thrift shop in Lake Arrowhead (I also got a mint green dutch oven, new pots and pans, a waffle maker and a 1920's Polaroid camera). After we finished hanging some more decorations Ally and I made our way to Albertsons. ALL grocery stores are dangerous for me to go in. We stocked up on baking supplies for our baking day. Ally made Key Lime Pie and S'mores. I made Lemon Poppy Seed Snack Cake.

Lemon Poppy Seed Snack Cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 cup All-Bran® Original
1/4 cup fat-free milk
2 egg whites
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup (8 oz.) low-fat, lemon flavored yogurt
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Directions
1. Stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and poppy seeds. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, milk, egg whites, oil, yogurt and lemon peel. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
FIREWORKS ARE MY FAVORITE, TOO!
ReplyDelete