I brought my brother and his friend Kiersten to Swingers Cafe in L.A. It is a great, old American diner filled with plenty of vegan and vegetarian options. I also love this diner because its walls have Andy Warhol's cow prints and the menus include pictures of British model Twiggy. I had my usual Veggie Burger with Avocado which was delicious. After an early dinner, we made our way to Club Nokia.
A while back I wrote about my frustration and sort of feeling of regret when buying a very expensive La Roux ticket. I am here to say, money well spent. La Roux was absolutely amazing. The set was gorgeous and during some of the songs there was a projector screen which showed her head painted in gold, singing (it was sick).
I had so much fun. The set list was awesome. My favorite song Tigerlily was performed first and Bulletproof (which Ruairi made a dance to on the way to Coachella) was the encore. She apologized for her voice being a little horse because she has been sick with the flu. Honestly the one song that she struggled with was Tigerlily. I thought she did a great job on the others, and I didn't notice that she sounded different.
Final verdict: I am so glad that I bought the ticket to go see La Roux.
No comments:
Post a Comment