
Today was my last day of summer school. Yay! And how did I celebrate? By going straight to the movie theaters to see Charlie St. Cloud. The plot line was not what I thought it was going to be, so I was a little disappointed. Also, as much as I love Zac Efron I just don't think that he fit the role. I mean, how am I suppose to believe that he is old enough to drink and get married? To me he is still in high school. Someone a bit older like Adam Brody or Emile Hirsch would have been more convincing. With that said, the movie ticket was still money well spent.

This movie made me want to spend a summer on the east coast. Can you imagine...living in a town where everyone knows each other and stops on the sidewalk to say hello, sailing out to sea everyday and taking a stroll past the red and white striped lighthouse?

This movie also made me think of the 90's greatest T.V. series Dawson's Creek. The characters were even similar: the quiet and misunderstood Dawson aka Charlie St. Cloud, the goofy friend Pacey (or in the movie's case brother) aka Sam and the unnoticed girl next door Joey aka Tess. Oh how I miss Dawson's Creek. TBS usually has reruns of the show during the summer but I haven't seen them on. I must keep an eye out for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment