This weekend was filled with fun in the sun. Saturday morning Mattie, Ally and I went to the Los Angeles Arts and Crafts Fair which was at the Los Angeles Historic Park a.k.a the Cornfields. Mattie's favorite blogger, Oh Hello Friend was at the fair so that was our main reason for going. Mattie and I both bought Grab Bags filled with charms and jewelry pieces that I plan to use for an art project.
To get to the Cornfields we had to drive through Chinatown. I forgot how much I love driving in L.A. and seeing all the people. It was also located right next to Olvera Street. L.A. really is one big melting pot. We walked down all the aisles of vendors in the scorching heat. There were so many indie, artistic people there...which is my kind of place. The fair also had DIY craft booths so we made our own buttons. It was so much fun, but after about an hour we were ready to get back to the air conditioned car.
We later met up with Liz, Brooke and Bella in Venice. We parked our cars and walked through the Venice Canals before making it to the pier. We then rented bikes and rode down to Santa Monica. Pedestrians made it difficult for a straight, smooth ride to Santa Monica but we finally made it. We stopped for a quick photo session and some play time on the rings. After making our way back to the Venice Pier we then drove down to Main Street to have dinner at WildFlour. The best pizza in L.A. We were all exhausted after our fun day in the sun.
Today I continued having fun in the sun in Upland with the family. I drove to my cousin Brent and Noreen's house to celebrate my cousin Brooklyn's 2nd birthday. The kids were kind enough to keep the rest of us cool by splashing the chlorine water from the pool and shooting us with water guns. It is so strange that I am no longer the "young generation," now there are so many babies in the family.

Brooklyn, the birthday girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment