The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays, probably my favorite actually. I love spending time with family and friends up in Lake Arrowhead, standing around the barbecue, and watching fireworks down at the dock. In my final month at Cambridge I am beginning to feel a bit homesick though I am not ready to leave here either. I have made some truly incredible friends so it is going to be very hard to stay goodbye, knowing that they will all be together again in the fall.

I mentioned that the 4th of July was coming up, which is a highlight during my summers. They asked what I normally did to celebrate and when I told them they immediately began planning a BBQ for the evening. My friend Eva and I managed to get some sparklers in the shape of the number 4 as well as American flag plate, napkins, and cups.
The boys were in charge of grilling the burgers, while the girls laid out the rest of the spread including several kinds of chips and dips, pasta salad, fruit salad, veggies, and more. We definitely had way too much food, but come to think of it, that's what the 4th of July is all about.

After dinner we played BP, which my friends were pretty excited about because they had never played before. It was getting kind of late and we got a noise complaint so we moved the celebration inside my friend Jens' flat. We talked, we laughed, we enjoyed some American tunes like Lenny Kravitz's "American Woman". All in all it was a great way to spend the 4th of July if I couldn't be in Lake Arrowhead.
No comments:
Post a Comment