Friday was my last day/evening in Cambridge. I cannot even begin to express how much I am going to miss Cambridge, St. Edmund's, and the wonderful friends I have made this past year. I don't know when I will be back again for sure, but I am already looking forward to it.
Friday morning I went with Carly, Mel, and Sam to explore Trinity College, which houses the Wren Library. The Wren Library contains a lot of old manuscripts and first editions. For example, I got to see the original first draft of A.A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh! Afterwards we went to our favorite falafel stand in city centre and enjoyed a picnic in the park under a shaded tree, since it was way to hot to actually sit in the blazing sun.
I headed back to my room to finish packing/get ready to meet up with Geoff, Jens, Eva, and Nick. We went to The Castle, which is a local pub just across the street from Geoff and Eva's flat. The Castle is great when the weather is nice because they have a large outdoor patio. Immediately after we got our drinks we made out way outback to the patio because the weather was not cooling down and of course inside the pub does not have air conditioning. After drinks we then went back to Barbican Cottage for a BBQ.
Let me just say I could not have had a better "goodbye dinner." Everything was just so simple and laid back. The five of us sat out back, huddled around the chiminea whilst sipping on champagne. Eva then came up with a wonderful spread, while we continued to laugh, talk, and even hula-hoop for a bit.
Next stop: Eddie's Bar. The bar had been closed for renovations so Friday night was the re-opening. It was totally necessary to have one final night in the Eddie's Bar before leaving. Plus, I finally got to play a game of pool in the CR! Usually I don't get to because all the serious pool-playing players are usually there, but Friday night there was no one in sight. Nick and I played one game, for which he seriously beat me. Kate and her sister Rachel (who are in town for Kate's graduation) joined us before heading off to a house party that my friend was hosting.
No comments:
Post a Comment