I am writing about my life, thoughts and concerns. Who is here to listen?
Saturday, October 1, 2011
October: my favorite month
Today marks the first day of my favorite month, October 1st.
People always say that Southern California doesn't have seasons, but I beg to differ. I will admit that our changes in season aren't as drastic as other places like Oregon or New York, but SoCal still has a "fall" season. There are many reasons why October is my favorite month, below are just a few:
1. Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin
2. Friday Football Games
3. Cozy, lazy weekends in bed
4. Layers, layers, layers
5. Halloween
Yesterday I went to my high school's football game. It was the perfect day for Friday night afternoon football. The residents of PV will not allow the high school to install lights because they don't want people from "off the hill" to come to "the hill." So dumb. So even though it wasn't a Friday night game, it was still the perfect almost perfect afternoon. After school I went to my car to move it to the parking lot closer to the football field- to my surprise I had a flat tire. So I called AAA and they came to my rescue in about 10 minutes! As I waited for the AAA man to put on my spare tire it began to rain. I stepped under my open trunk to keep dry. It was still raining when the game started, but soon after it stopped. The overcast, gloomy weather was perfect. I was all bundled up with a leopard print sweater and the perfect vintage Nine West ankle boots to complement my outfit. After the game I went home and immediately got in my pajamas, under my covers and started to work on homework. Even though my Friday night was uneventful, it is those kind of nights that I most look forward to in October.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment