I am writing about my life, thoughts and concerns. Who is here to listen?
Monday, October 17, 2011
cousins weekend
So every year, the girl cousins (from the Rooney/Gilboy side) over the age of 21 get together. This year my cousins Erin and Colleen hosted in Maricopa, Arizona. Early Friday morning my aunt Susan, cousin Andrea and I made the long drive to Arizona. We were greeted at the door by everyone else who flew in the night before.
Saturday morning was another early morning because we wanted to get our cousin bonding walk done before it was too hot. We made our way to Wild Horses Pass around 9:30 am (it was probably 95 degrees then) and began our 2.5 mile walk. Even though it was really extremely hot, I still managed to enjoy the scenery....though not the signs that said, "Beware of Rattlesnakes."
After the walk we went back to Erin's house to eat brunch, hang out, some went swimming in the pool, before we moved on to our next bowling event- bowling. And let me just say I should join a bowling league. During the second game I scored 6 strikes! And 3 of them were in a row, so I got what's called a turkey. The man who worked at the bowling alley even announced me as the cousins weekend bowling champion, but I was too busy concentrating on my form to hear him. We them made a pit stop at BevMo (of course) to load up on more wine, cider, and daiquiri mix before going home to make dinner. The evening was very relaxing after dinner. I learned how to play the card game Scat (something I also have a knack for), we looked at old photographs and we talked....A LOT. The main topic of this weekend was: babies. Three of my cousins just had babies recently and my cousin Andrea is hoping to get pregnant soon. Needless to say I am not. Noreen and I were the only ones there who haven't had children so we felt a bit out of place. But we did get plenty of parenting advice.
It was great to spend time with my family. I love them very much and cherish every moment with them (even if it includes moments of drama, which trust me, there were).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment