Tuesday, October 19, 2010

white blank page


So even though Mumford & Sons has been sold out for months, I was still able to get a ticket to their concert. All thanks to my friend Brendan Fereday. The concert was absolutely amazing. Sam, Molly and I left around 6 and got there just after 7. The line was around the block, but luckily as we were walking to the back of the line we ran into a bunch of Pepperdine students so we were able to sneak in behind them.
There were two openers for Mumford & Sons. The first one I really liked and it was the music talent of King Charles. His hair looked like dreads wrapped up like a hornets nest on top of his head. With his hair, mustache and clothing he looks like Captain Hook so of course I was bound to like him. Unfortunately I cannot find the song that I loved the most. It is a song about England of course. The lyrics capture the essence of England perfectly. When I think of the beloved country, his lyrics are exactly what come to mind.

Marcus Mumford. Will you please be my husband? He is so incredibly talented. His voice (both when he talks and sings) is so unique. And who knew he can play the drums too. I love it when members of bands switch instruments throughout the set.

Many "celebs" are fans of Mumford & Sons as well including Ryan Hansen from Veronica Mars, Jason Russell from Invisible Children and Colin from Love Actually. He was nice enough to take a picture with us. Oh Colin, say bottle...

No comments:

Post a Comment