Change.
It is such a funny concept. It can be for the better and it can be for the worse. No one will ever know for sure when things will change and no one will ever be able to do anything about it.
Looking back, I can't believe how much my life has changed. "My life" includes friends, family, school, career, etc. I think about this tonight because I just got back from some friends' house. In London we were best friends. We spent so much time together and we really seemed to have a lot in common. I spent that summer with them in a one bedroom, brick-walled apartment in Silver Lake. It was as if we didn't have a care in the world, and at that point I honestly don't think we did. We sat around and had discussions about books and movies and then there were times where we sat and didn't say anything at all.
Tonight at their house I felt so out of place. It seems as if we have nothing in common. I am not sure how we were friends in the first place? Were we friends because we were so different? Did we ever have anything in common?
Why do things change?
No comments:
Post a Comment