First up, Perez Hilton's One Night in L.A. I got free tickets from a friend, last minute. The performers were Florence + the Machine (who unfortunately I missed because I was outside in the freezing cold, waiting in line), Taio Cruz and Pitbull. Even though I don't listen to their music, Elo and I still had a blast. We were up on our feet, dancing and singing to the music.
Next up was the FYF Fest at the Cornfields in L.A, an all day music festival. I felt like i was back at Coachella. It was hot and dusty, but still so much fun. Elo and I were running back and forth across the field in order to catch a little bit of each musical act that we wanted to see. The main reason why we went was because Local Natives were playing. They just got back the day before from the tour in Europe. Elo and I were lucky enough to catch their first concert in Europe and their first concert back in the states. We also saw The Mountain Goats, Thee Oh Sees, Cold Cave and Dead Man's Bones (Ryan Goslings band). To my surprise, his band was amazing! I have never heard of them before. Their raspy, melancholy tone is really moving. Hear, take a listen.
Ruairi bought me a ticket to go see Grizzzly Bear at the Hollywood Bowl since I missed them at Coachella. The opening act was Girls. Then Grizzly Bear took the stage and guest performer Feist joined them for two songs. Pheonix were the main act and were just as good as they were at Coachella.
Last but not least, Ratatat. Ruairi was suppose to go, but last minute had to bail. So it was Shipton, Kyle and I who went and we met up with three others from Pepperdine including the great Adrian Ordonez. They played at Club Nokia so since we got there early we got wristbands to go in the front section. I was leaning right on the railing on the right of the stage. The only downside to the concert was that Ratatat didn't come on stage until 11:15 and i had to wake up at 6:30 am the next morning. But on the upside, I found a new musician that I like. His name is Bobby Birdman and his friend Jeremy Jerusalem plays on the drums. See what you think.
Next up....LCD Soundsystem in 2 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment