The end is almost here, the Michaelmas Term that is. Yesterday I finished my essay and sent it to my supervisor for revisions. My paper stills needs some work (reference page, whatever corrections or suggestions my supervisor may have), but at least the bulk of it is finished. This week is my last week of lectures and Friday my bound copies of my essay are due, so I am really looking forward to Friday when I will get to have a little more "down time" and enjoy England at Christmas time before heading home.

To celebrate the fact that I sent in my essay to my supervisor on time, Jennifer and I decided to go to Bill's to enjoy a nice sit-down brunch. Bill's restaurant is actually a small chain in England that has its own shop, which sells sauces, marmalades, jams, cooking oils, etc. I enjoyed the grilled vine tomatoes with basil pesto, rocket & balsamic on toasted ciabatta, while Jennifer had french toast topped with fruit and walnut yoghurt. I think we may have to make going to Bill's a monthly thing, because everything just looked so delicious.

Afterwards, we walked towards the Senate House to observe the gathering college students in Santa Claus outfits who were partaking in the Santa Dash vs. Oxford. Every year both schools have a Santa Dash where students run around the town to all of the colleges to raise money for a particular charity. Now that Cambridge is decorated for Christmas with festive lights everywhere, it only seemed fitting to have people dressed as Santa Claus running around.
Next weekend I will continue my kick-off to Christmas by heading into London. Every year Hyde Park is transformed into a Winter Wonderland with an ice skating rink, Christmas markets, and carousel bar. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment