I know the British don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but I couldn't believe that I actually had to attend lectures today. Imagine, class on Thanksgiving; it just felt so strange. Even though the Brits don't celebrate this glorious and delicious holiday, I still got to. After class I made my way to the Graduate Union Main Dining Hall because the Alumni Association was holding a Thanksgiving lunch for all of the American students. I went to the lunch with my friend Dawn, who is studying in my course.
The meal served wasn't like Nanny's, but it was nice to be around people who appreciate the greeting "Happy Thanksgiving". I had lentil and tomato stew, a corn pancake, roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie. Like I said, not the same as the traditional Thanksgiving meal I am used to, but I applaud the Brits for their effort.
After our meal, Dawn and I decided to walk around Cambridge and explore some of the colleges that we hadn't been to yet. During our walk we kept saying how thankful we were to be at such an amazing, beautiful, and well renowned institution. I really can't even begin to express how thankful I am for all of the people who have made my time here at Cambridge possible. I have been blessed with extremely supportive friends and family and I thank God that I have them in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment