Yesterday was the worst day ever. After class, my roommates and I had the afternoon to start our homework and catch up on reading. I was working on homework when I decided to take a break and bring my cup into the kitchen. I was going to just set it in the sink, but I hate when other people do that and they were piling up so I decided to wash all the dishes. I left the door to my room open because my roommate Steph was in there. She came out and offered to help with the dishes but I was already done so I told her she could wash the counter. In the span of 2 minutes someone went in our room and stole my laptop. It was so weird though because from the hallway you couldn't even see my bed. My roommate's computer were in sight/in reach from the doorway but the thief decided to take mine.
As soon as I knew it was gone, I freaked out. I had my hands on top of my head and began pacing around the room. After about 30 seconds of that, I had to just get out. I just started walking. I think it my mind I thought I was going to see the thief walking on the street with my computer in hand. I was so frustrated that my fists were curled up, ready to throw a punch. I cooled down, walked back and waited for the police to arrive. Only they didn't. So Constantine, the director of the school drove me to the Police Station. This was so super sketchy. But of course all of Russia is super sketchy. I passed by inmates in their cells, banging on their doors with their handcuffs. The man who I gave my statement to was rude and told us to come back when I had my computer's serial number.
I went to another place today, not the Police Station. It sort of looked like a detective's office. I walked down the narrow hallways trying to avoid the dried-up red liquid that was on the floor. Constantine claimed it was jam, but I kind of think otherwise. I spent about an hour there explaining what had happened as Constantine translated. It is really frustrating that no one here speaks English (but what did I expect? I am in another country).
No comments:
Post a Comment