Sunday, May 22, 2011

a Ballet and a Palace


Last night we all went out to the ballet. We saw the Russian Conservatory Ballet's Swan Lake. I am pretty sure I have talked about ballets before in my blog but in case you didn't know...going to the ballet is one of my Top 5 favorite things in the world. The music, the beauty, the grace. I love it all. Below is a clip from Tchaikovsky's beautiful masterpiece.



This morning we took a boat to a small island where the Peterhof Palace is located. The palace is architecturally very European and looks similar to a palace I saw in Vienna two years ago. This palace had numerous fountains spread out throughout the grounds. Stephanie and I walked through rows of trees and beds of tulips that were in full bloom. We also walked down to the shore and met a squirrel that climbed up our legs as if we were trees. The afternoon was sunny and beautiful and it was so relaxing to walk around outside in such a beautiful environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment