
I finally got my Russian laptop today!
It has been really hard keeping up with the blog without a computer so this post will be a combination of events that have occurred over the last week and a half or so.

At the beginning of the week, the group and I went to the Mariinsky Theatre to see the opera Boris Gudonov. I must say that I am not a fan of the opera, especially when it is in Russian and it lasts 4 hours. I kid you not...the opera lasted 4 hours. It was torture. We didn't get back to the house until after midnight and then I had to pack for our trip to Moscow. I packed and got about two hours of sleep before it was time to wake up and meet Professor Contino at 5:20 am to take the subway to the train station. We took the fast train to Moscow which took close to 4 hours.

Onwards and Upwards is Dr. Contino's motto. We walked around Moscow for hours. We made it to Red Square to see Lennin's grave, St. Basil's Cathedral and the Kremlin. Inside the Kremlin we saw about five other cathedrals. I thought guided tours were bad, but you know what is worse? A guided tour in Russian that needs to be translated. After the long and tiring day, we made it to our hotel. But not after going to the wrong Renaissance Hotel first. Stephanie and I shared a room and as soon as we swiped the key through the door we got into our pj's and layed down. There were five channels in English, one of them being the Disney Channel, so we watched the Suite Life of Zack and Cody while we waited for Evanne. Once the tri-pod was reunited we ordered Heinekens and fries and watched Due Date. A perfect ending to the day.

The next day we continued walking around Red Square and went inside St. Basil's Cathedral. We went to another famous square (but I don't remember the name) bought souvenirs, ate dinner and even found a Starbucks. After that we made our way back to the train station, and then back to the university where Steph, Evanne and I ended the day with another movie...Anastasia.
No comments:
Post a Comment