Sunday, February 7, 2010

Birthday Weekend


So this year was the big 2-1. How did I celebrate? I went to Disneyland, a place where you never have to grow up and it's ok to be a kid. My adopted sister Liz and her friend from school Meagan went with me. When we got to Disneyland it was pouring down rain so when we were in our first line waiting to go on Indiana Jones we were still deciding if it was worth it. After the ride we decided it totally was. The longest we had to wait was probably about 15 minutes. There wasn't even a line for Pirates of the Caribbean, can you believe it? Our hands were cold and our feet were wet but we had a blast. I wouldn't let the rain, rain on my parade. When I went to visit Minnie Mouse's house there was a little girl behind me celebrating her birthday too (she was turning 5). When I told her it was my birthday too she couldn't believe, how could another person have the same birthday as her. It's ok, it teacher terms she is still in the egocentrism stage. All the workers were so nice and sang and wished me a happy birthday all day long. If you want to feel loved on your birthday, Disneyland is the place to go.


After I had a family dinner at the Red Onion. Carlos gave me a margarita, though I found out he would have given me one whenever I wanted (I should have started ordering drinks years ago). Nanny, Poppy and my parents gave me diamond and emerald earrings for my birthday. The stones came from a ring my great grandmother bought in India and a ring that Poppy gave to Nanny. The earrings match a bracelet that I received from them when I graduated high school. Also joining my dad and I at our birthday dinner was the Hord. They are a group of three other couples that my grandparents went to college with and have remained friends. It was great to celebrate with three generations.


Today, my friend Brittany threw a birthday bash for me at her apartment. While I was in Portland we were watching Cake Boss and I saw a tie-dye cake. I had mentioned that I would love to have a cake like that and sure enough I did. Britt made me a vegan tie-dye birthday cake. Jake greeted me with beautiful flowers that are now sitting on my dining room table (hopefully Rocco doesn't eat them all). Elo knows me too well...she gave me a Beatles vinyl and Bob Marley and the Wailers. Kyle got me a "Legalize Gay" shirt (how appropriate since he is gay, haha) and a happy book which happens to be pink which happens to be my least favorite color. But the most memorable entrance was the boys. The gave me three bags of cat litter, two cats toys, a US magazine, flowers and a rose "I love you" balloon. Apparently they thought that would be better rather than the Sweet 16 balloon. Aren't they so thoughtful?
All in all I had a great birthday spent with family and friends. It ended with six girls sitting on a couch watching the Super Bowl, how ironic. Go Saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment