Saturday, February 20, 2010

Amoeba. Intelligentsia.

Today in Hollywood it was a cool 68 degrees. Weather man called for rain, but no sign of rain could be seen walking the streets of Hollywood and Silver Lake. Spring Break begins next week so that means it is time for midterms, essays and lots of late nights. Instead of being cooped up in my apartment all day I went out to two of my favorite places....Amoeba Music Store and Intelligentsia Cafe.



Amoeba is music lover's heaven. You can pretty much find any vinyl, CD or music poster. Today I bought three Beatles vinyls as well as a Beirut vinyl. My friend Shipton introduced me to Explosion in the Sky. They are an instrumental post-rock band from Texas. There music is pretty soft and mellow. Good for a relaxing afternoon filled with homework. I highly recommend them.



Next stop, Silver Lake. All the hipsters were out and about, but who wouldn't be when it was such a nice day. Of course I had my usual Chai Latte...they do make it the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment