I am writing about my life, thoughts and concerns. Who is here to listen?
Friday, January 18, 2013
I'm Waking Up, I Feel it in My Bones
The new term officially kick-starts on Monday, so I figured I'd take advantage of my free time and spend another day in London. Originally I was only going into the city to have dinner with a friend, but my friend Jennifer decided to join me so we made a whole day of it and went to our favorite museums.
First stop: Tate Modern. We enjoyed the works of Matisse, Monet, Pollock, and many many others. They were having a sale in their gift shop so I snagged a Salvador Dali poster of Autumnal Cannibalism to send to my brother for his birthday.
Second stop: National Portrait Gallery. I got to see the official royal engagements photos of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, as well as the new portrait painting of the Duchess. There was also a photography portrait exhibition by Taylor Wessing, which included portraits of Laura Marling and Ed Sheeran, and a displayed titled: Marilyn Monroe, A British Love Affair.
After spending several hours in both museums, Jennifer and I then met up with my friend Borja after he was done at work. He lives outside the city in Surrey Quays so we ventured to his place to enjoy a nice dinner, a bottle of wine, and great conversation.
Current Song on my Mind:
All systems go, the sun hasn't died
Deep in my bones, straight from inside
I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, whoa, I'm radioactive, radioactive
No comments:
Post a Comment