Since I don't know what my school schedule will be like, whether I will have some sort of a life or whether I will be stuck in the library day after day, I decided to spend the day in London while I had the chance. My friend Jenny, who studied abroad in London with me during the 2008 academic school year, is currently studying at the Pepperdine London house with the law program. When I left my aunt's house to catch the National Rail into London I realized it is going to take me a bit longer to adjust to the cold weather, especially since California was having an abnormally hot fall when I left. Going from 85+ F to 7C is quite an adjustment. And why oh why did America make everything difficult by changing its metric system? I always have to calculate celsius to fahrenheit by typing it into Google.

Anyways...I met Jenny at the South Ken tube station around noon and then we made our ways toward Southwark to spend some time at the Tate Modern. The museum had a whole filled with several Rothko paintings. We also saw numerous works by Picasso, Matisse, and Turner. After the museum we made our way through the pouring rain to Wagamama's for a late lunch.
Our next stop was St. John's Wood to see Abbey Road because Jenny had never been. We signed the wall outside of Abbey Road Recording Studio before crossing the infamous Abbey Road crosswalk. Then it was on to the Pepperdine house where I met some of Jenny's law school friends.
It stopped raining for a bit so we decided to walk through Hyde Park. The pathways were filled with puddles but we managed to jump over each one. We saw the Peter Pan statue before making our way to dinner at the Churchill Arms. We used to go there sometimes for surprise group dinners. It is actually a pub, but in the back there is a Thai restaurant.
After dinner I said goodbye to Jenny and made my way back to Luton. After walking around in the cold rain all day, it was nice to change into dry clothes and put my feet up.
No comments:
Post a Comment