Yesterday I moved into St. Edmund's College, Richards Law Building, room 33. When Annie and I first arrived I checked into Reception and got my key and a map of the school's layout (which consists of the dorm buildings, a small library, a small gym, combination room, dining hall, and chapel) and that was it. During the whole applications/acceptance process I have barely received any information from Cambridge; I thought it would get better once I arrived at school, but no, doesn't look like they are very good at communicating...EVER.
Annie and I went straight to my room to check out the basic lay out. My room is quite spacious with plenty of shelves, closet space, and water basin. We then made our way to the city centre to pick up some groceries, new bedspread, and some things to make my room a bit more home-y. After Annie left I had a
minor major breakdown. I called my mom crying because I realized how alone I was. I mean this is what I have always wanted, to be back in England. So why am I freaking out and having major moments of doubt? As my friend Elo said, I am allowed to have sad days, but I have to make sure that I am responsible for also having good days.
So here's to good days. Things can (hopefully) only get better.
No comments:
Post a Comment