Sunday, November 7, 2010

Story book


I had my life figured out. Or at least in my mind I did. I knew that I would graduate from college, become a high school English teacher and maybe travel a bit. Now everything seems to be in shambles. I do not think I want to be a teacher anymore. I mean I do, but I don't know for how long. To me, teaching feels like settling. I went into Pepperdine having already declared my major. I never gave myself the opportunity to try other majors. I knew I was good at teaching because I had been doing it for so long (tutoring and coaching cheer/gymnastics), so it was sort of the easy way out for me. Now I am having all these doubts or are they regrets?
So what does my story have in store for me now? I do not know. As of right now, I will finish my teaching credential since I have come this far so I won't give up now. If and once I do get my EU passport I will do everything I can to get back to London. I will search for a job and an apartment. Or maybe I'll try and go to Grad School in England or Ireland that way I can get over there. And if I do go to Grad School, I might consider something in photography.
Besides that, I know that I want to live in India for at least 6 months and Africa too. I do not know when or if this will happen, but right now I am writing my story book and it is filled with my hopes, wants, dreams, aspirations...this is not the end.

1 comment:

  1. you still have it figured out :) this is beautiful writing.

    ReplyDelete