Cuddling by the fire.............check
Hot chocolate.......................check
Board games........................check
Snow....................................check
Cabin in Lake Arrowhead......check
Perfect Thanksgiving with the family......check, check.
It was so nice to have a break from the chaos of school with finals just looming around the corner. Wednesday morning, Liz and I made our way up to Lake Arrowhead. We left early in the morning so we wouldn't hit any Thanksgiving traffic. Once we started up the mountain, fog started to set in. I couldn't even see the car in front of me, all that guided me was the yellow lines in the middle of the road.
The cabin was freezing when we arrived, but the problem was quickly solved with a cozy fire and a mug of hot chocolate. Nothing feels more like winter than snow on the ground, a fire to curl up in front of and hot chocolate. Each night we stayed up late playing different board games and watching movies. Oh how I wish everyday was like Thanksgiving break.
No comments:
Post a Comment