I was actually inspired with this look when I was reading Just Kids. Patti Smith wrote about two of her excursions to France- one with her sister and then another with just herself. I imagined walking the streets alongside her. I believe that Patti is a fashionista herself, though I doubt she would ever admit it. I say this, because on several occasions she wrote about how her and Robert Mapplethorpe would plan their outfits. Though it always took Robert longer to get ready, they both thought about their appearance carefully, piecing it with the perfect beaded necklace or ripped jean vest.
The outfit that I came up with was a blue and white striped sweater (mine has big blue buttons so it is sort of a mix of nautical meets military/naval commander), a blue pleated skirt from H & M, my brown vintage Nine West ankle boots and a matching brown belt to pull it all together. I also added a white flower to my hair...flower power baby!



This outfit got the approval of my dad. Now Roger Rooney is no fashionista (if he had it his way he would always wear a stained white t-shirt, his dirty work jeans or cargo shorts paired with his golf shoes), but he does recognize a trendy look, or quirky, vintage, French-inspired look that I have come up with.
No comments:
Post a Comment