Tonight, MTV will premiere the American version of UK Channel 4's hit TV show, Skins. I really hope they don't screw this up. I know that nothing can beat the wit and charm of the British characters. I just hope they don't ruin the reputation of Skins. After the first two seasons fans were in up roar because a new generation took over; Tony's emotionally train-wrecked and slutty sister Effy and her friends would take the reigns. I thought no one could replace Sid and Cassie and Chris and Maxxie, but season's 3 and 4 characters grew on me.
I fell in love with Cook and naive/innocent J.J. We shall see if the Americans can live up to the highly favorite hit-show. I feel like a traitor watching MTV's version, but I am still, nonetheless, curious. From the trailers, it looks like the script is the exact same. I don't think that they change the story-line at all. The writers have just swapped the dry-humor of the Brits with crude American humor. While I try and get my Skins fix with the American version, I cannot wait for season 5 of Skins. Lyra from the Golden Compass is one of the main characters!
No comments:
Post a Comment