New Year's Eve is always a disappointment. No matter how much plotting and planning takes place, it never seems to go as expected. So this year, I decided to stay-in. I didn't want to worry about what party would be the most fun (though none of them would be), I didn't want to worry about driving, and I didn't want to worry about the coveted New Year's kiss that every girl worrys about.
Tonight my mom, my brother, his girlfriend and I had a nice dinner at The Ivy. Now my mom and I are currently watching the recordings of all the New Year's specials. For whatever reason we get the East Coast time schedules. It's nice for me because I get to fast forward through all the commercials and all the annoying comments made by the guidos and guidettes of MTV's Jersey Shore. Success.
So I raise my glass of Sparkling Cider and toast to a Happy New Year! May 2011 bring health, happiness and hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment