I did it, I survived my first term here at Cambridge. Now I have to play the waiting game to get my marks back on my essay, which won't be available until the end of January. Fortunately I have a lot to look forward until then.
Yesterday had it's ups and downs. Here at Cambridge you must have two copies of your paper bound and turned in to the administrative office of your faculty by 4 pm. I stayed up until 4:30 am revising my paper so when I woke up at 8, I figured that would give me plenty of time to print and bind my paper. Well I was wrong. My across-the-hall-mate Carly and I spend 2 1/2 hours just trying to print our papers (page numbers got messed up, tables of contents were wrong, formatting got adjusted etc.). Eventually we made our way to a stationary store that does binding, but of course they wouldn't be able to do it for at least and hour and we definitely didn't want to take any chances. We went to the Graduate Union (I found out it has a cool hang-out area/cafe) and they managed to get our papers bound in about 5 minutes. Carly and I then ventured to the Faculty of Education building and handed in our papers. Hallelujah!

We celebrated by enjoying a meal at the Earl of Derby pub before going to Primark to do a little shopping. In the evening the chapel held a candlelit Christmas Carol service and the CR committee put on the annual college Pantomime.
Today I got to do one of my favorite things in the world....SLEEP! I definitely needed it after all the late nights I had this week. I did leave my bed to go to the University Library to return some books. Tomorrow I will be going to the Vintage Fair that is held in the Market Square, where hopefully I will get some Christmas shopping done. On Monday Carly and I are going to London. I'll get to meet up with some of my friends (Jenny, Elizabeth, and Borja), visit some of my favorite museums, and go ice-skating at Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland!
And then I get to go home on Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment