Saturday, October 6, 2012

soon reality sets in


Tonight marks the final hoorah of Fresher's Week. An International themed bop, or as we say in the states party, will be held in the CR with a DJ providing us with some tunes. The fresher events have been helpful in getting to know some of the people that live with me in college, but I am also looking forward for classes to begin. Now I am not looking forward to reading, writing, homework, stress, anxiety, etc. but I am excited to experience Cambridge lectures.
These past few days have been filled with running various errands, going to society meetings, and a visit from my friends Sam and Sophie. Sam has been in London for the past two weeks visiting various people, including our British friend Sophie so they decided to come up for the day. There isn't much in Cambridge besides the numerous colleges so we just spent the afternoon walking around town and stopping in Auntie's Tea Shop to warm us up a bit.
Saturdays at St. Edmund's means a full English breakfast served at 11 am. I must say that this is probably my favorite day and probably the only day that I will wake up in time for breakfast. After my stomach was filled, my friend Jen went with me to buy a bike. My grandparents have been very generous and sponsored my purchase, which will make my commute to lectures a whole lot quicker. After getting my bike we stopped in a pub called The Granta, which is probably my new favorite place. Let me just say, they make the best Veggie burger. Pub food is very filling and a bit fattening so we probably won't make it a weekly dining-out experience, but I say that once a month is probably all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment