Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Later

"On September 11th, 2001, 4 passenger jets crashed by the force of terrorism. The twin world trade centers were each hit with planes, a third into the Pentagon. A fourth plane never reached its destination, it was brought down by the brave souls on flight 93 that made the ultimate sacrifice . Almost 3,000 innocent people were killed that day, along with the first responders to the attacks as firemen, police, and paramedics." I cannot believe that 10 years have passed since 9/11. I remember that day all too well. My mom woke me up like she always did, though on this particular morning she didn't sing the good morning song. I have always been difficult to wake up, but for some reason this song always work. Instead, on this morning she shook my arm because she wanted me up quickly so she could hurry back to her room. I heard the television on in my parents room- a strange occurrence. My parents didn't say anything when I asked what they were watching. I too, turned my attention to the television as I saw the second plane hit the World Trade Center. I could not believe what was happening. It was as if I was watching a movie. A movie where no one could have actually gotten hurt, but they did. I got ready for school and made my way to first period English with Ms. Rosen. The room was silent. No one could speak. The only sounds were the voices of the newscasters reporting on the television and faint cries.

No comments:

Post a Comment