
Today I sat with a friend on a bench overlooking Palos Verdes/Torrance beach. Growing up, I really took advantage of the city I grew up in. Everyday during the summer my friends and I would hang out at the beach all day. We sat to the left of Alfredo's with all the other middle schoolers and high schoolers, thinking we were so cool. Going to the beach was no big deal. It is just what we did everyday. Now I am so thankful that I was brought up in Southern California and went to school in Palos Verdes. While watching the families, teenagers and dogs walk along the sidewalk, it was as if I saw them differently. I saw them in a new light. I don't know if any of this makes sense to whoever is reading this, but it makes sense to me. Today I was humbled.
No comments:
Post a Comment