Yesterday was the first time that I went to a wedding for someone who wasn't related to me and who wasn't a family friend. Yesterday I watched my friend Katie Hamilton marry her best friend, Colton Haney. It was so strange that I went to a wedding for someone that my parents didn't know, for someone who my parents have never even met.
I had this crazy realization that I am growing up. I am about to enter the real world. I am about to start my own life, get my own place, and get a real job. SCARY! It hadn't really hit me until yesterday. My friends and I are getting old, moving on and starting a new chapter in own lives.
I expect many more weddings to come, which again is strange. And I hate to admit it, but I am a romantic sap. I got all teary-eyed when Katie began walking down the aisle. I immediately turned to watch Colton to watch his reaction. To watch him, watch his soon to be wife coming towards him. His face lit up. It was a look as if they were the only two people in the room. He didn't see anyone else, he kept his gaze on Katie. It was beautiful.
So here is a cutesy, romantic song for all the love-birds out there...
No comments:
Post a Comment